Saturday, October 16, 2010

CKUA, Edmonton, AB

It's fundraising drive time at Alberta's most popular radio station, and I'm going to visit with one of it's most popular hosts, Holger Petersen. I'll be playing a couple of tunes, promoting my Alberta dates, and encouraging Albertans to support this amazing station.

My pal Big Dave McLean called me to say that he was going to crash my appearance and play harp with me... But then he called back and said he had to run the jam at Rusty Reed's House of Blues, so he wouldn't be able to make it. Too bad, but we'll be here together next year for sure! "Bad Boy Blues Tour" will be mobile before you know it. Dates are already filling.

Here I am getting set up. That's Holger on the left.

One, two, three, action!! Holger doesn't sound that fast on the radio, but you gotta see him in action. His arm's in a sling. He's a wild man...




I need a shoe shine. I'll try and take care of that before the next photo session. Actually, I'd like a new pair of Lamas. I'll look for one of those cool, Alberta western shops. Alberta is the place to buy boots in the north. I guess this doesn't matter for the radio. My boots sounded fine...

Done! I'm packed and ready to boot the car out to Vermilion for tonight's show!! Thanks, it was fun. I've got CKUA on MY radio dial, do you?

(Psst... hey, Holger, sign me... I still need a label!) Thanks for the hospitality, and good luck with the rest of the fundraiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment