Saturday, October 16, 2010

Legion Hall, Vermilion, AB

It's a glorious drive from Edmonton to Vermilion today. I love this kind of high prairie landscape, although I do have to set the cruise, to keep the big car at a reasonable- should I say legal- speed.

Legion parking lot, with big, yellow cement things. Boy, you could bash up a vehicle on one of these pretty easily. If you can't make it out of the parking lot, you need a cab. And a bodyshop.

Inside, it's a really nice Legion. They've made some sort of special accommodation so that I can wear my hat! Part of my uniform, apparently. Very kind. And the bar pours me a glass of red wine. Nice! The good people of the Vermilion Folk Club have got me loaded in, set up and sound checked very quickly. Excellent, this is going to be a wonderful evening.

Before long plates and pots of food for the pre-show, pot luck dinner start to arrive. My only regret is that I have to play after dinner, not before!! A great meal, and now it's showtime!

Here's our lucky Tour jacket winner. She's taking this coat back to Calgary— so no gain for Vermilion tonight. Teenage girls seem to be coveting these jackets this year, so I'll need to do more small and medium sizes for the next Tour. I've got a pile of XLRG left in the bag, so it's time for some Big Boys to step up to the plate and win them!!

A really fun night for everybody. I'm off to stay at the local College alumni house, which proves to be very comfortable. Thanks to everyone who helped with this show. It was a pleasure to visit with you.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, when you update, you are not fooling around! You've got a s__tload of photos; great to see them all. Next best thing to being there. I'm lifting your image of the Anglican church for my webpage; if that's not okay let me know.
    Looks like things are going well; keep on "wowing" them across the land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate. Had a real down day in Banff- complete with a high speed Internet cafe. Spent the afternoon uploading images, and will hopefully get some text in this eve.

    ReplyDelete