Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Doctor in the House, Terrace, BC

Days like this make it all worth while. I sleep in a bit this morning, get up, pack gear, have coffee and conversation with Beth. I can still talk this morning, maybe a bit better than yesterday. So things are looking up. This part of British Columbia is particularly beautiful.

Two-tone Lincoln. She's a road warrior, with her air shocks frozen in the down position she's more of a low rider, a California car. California. Huh. Haven't thought of California in a while. I'm not California dreaming today. I like it here way too much. But it might be nice to blast out of this ice. I bet I could make 29 Palms in... what, three days? The West is West. Just a fleeting thought. I'm still driving west on this blue highway, and this is a great highway, I've been on this road before.


It's dry. A smooth ride on a near private highway. The miles go by easily. Before I know it I'm in Terrace, BC, and rolling up to tonight's stop. I'm met by a big, friendly dog as I let myself in and work at setting up. My hosts, Doug and Kim, arrive shortly, and we settle into chatting and set up for the concert. I've got a young helper– Solai shows me around the place.



Showtime! I've got a big cup of hot honey water, NeoCiteron, and Halls. It seems to help, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be alright. The first set goes by all too quickly! The voice is working, and I've got a really good crowd here tonight!

Here's the Tour jacket winner!! Remember her? Lucy! From Prince George! She didn't win the jacket at her own Home Routes concert, so she came to Terrace and tried again! Congrats, Lucy! Too cool.

The show ends on an encore. I'm a little rough in the voice, but this crowd won't leave– so I croak out one more. Doug and Kim and I have a pleasant time relaxing post show. I eat too many treats, enjoy some home made beer, and then it's time to shut down. Everyone but me will be up and away before the winter sun comes up. Thanks, folks, this was a very, very nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment