Friday, December 3, 2010

Talking Houston, BC

On the road again. It's a short haul today into Houston. I've had a morning of internet catch up, and now it's back to the Lincoln, coffee, tunes, the open road. I'm short on time today, so I'll be back to flesh out this day's adventures when I'm able.

I'm met by Sparky the Dog, have a pleasant dinner with my hosts. It's 7:20 and the place is still empty. Just as I'm thinking, yup, just me and the dog, the place fills up! Rural folks tend to arrive right on time, and these ones are fairly prompt. Thank goodness! In a few minutes all the comfy chairs are filled, and we are getting ready to go!

I've started to get a little sniffly these past couple of hours. I duck upstairs and blow my nose before the show, tuck a Halls into my cheek, and I'm good for the night. It's a little worrisome, I sure don't need a cold. The show is really fun. When I'm done this crowd won't leave, so I have to play a couple more. I tease them that it's the quietest encore I've ever had!

Lucky Tour jacket winner!!

A simple but effective space. With the lights out, a few candles spread around, and some comfortable chairs and couches, this becomes as nice a concert space as you'd find yourself in anywhere.

After the show we hang around, have a beer, chat. Now it's time for the wrapper. My hosts are going to a hockey tournament early in the morning. I'm to sleep in as late as I please. That's good, my nose is now running steadily. I take a several vitamin C caps, and a bunch of herbal remedies, and I'm soon in bed with a kleenex box. This is not good. Being sick on the road is the worst thing! Maybe it will end gracefully without going into my chest or throat?

No comments:

Post a Comment